Wednesday, March 19, 2014

16 weeks

So I haven't blogged in quite some time but not too much has been missed. Since we announced our pregnancy we have been overwhelmed with well wishes and congratulations. It's a wonderful feeling and watching my belly grow has helped me connect with this little miracle.

Week 13 we were able to get another ultrasound (this ultrasound is the one that checks for fluid behind the baby's neck to help determine if there are chromosomal issues) I also had some blood work done which will be repeated tomorrow to compare markers.  Here is a picture of our precious little one. 

That is it's foot straight up in the air (I'm going to be in big trouble when I can actually start feeling those kicks!). Heartbeat was great at 159bpm :)

Week 14 was pretty uneventful.  The baby was able to enjoy it's first concert at Hershey. We went to see Darius Rucker - we had a blast

Week 15 we took a trip to Pittsburgh to see the Flyers/Penguins game.  
You can see the start of my little baby bump in this picture :) 

The Flyers won both games this weekend against the Pens (a clear sign the baby should be and WILL be a Flyers fan)

This was the baby's first long car ride and we managed fairly well aside from me getting the flu.  I developed some symptoms on Saturday afternoon once we got to Pittsburgh and the doctor confirmed my flu test on Monday. I haven't been to work since Monday morning :(  The crappy thing is that these sick days are taking away from my maternity leave.  

This poor child has been through quite a bit since it's been growing inside of me.. Every month we have experienced something else.. I go for a check up today so hopefully all is still well with our little one.  

We will hopefully find out if our peanut is a boy or a girl after we get back from our honey/baby moon on April 21st :)  I am thinking of doing a gender reveal party so we probably won't announce until that following weekend.  Stay tuned!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment