Friday, November 8, 2013

A vicious cycle

So, here I am 16 days post miscarriage. I have resumed normal activity and have been managing. I am able to talk about what happened and I am OK... or so I thought.

I have done nothing lately but eat as if I were pregnant and "feeding two". I'm gaining weight and my face is breaking out.  I am miserable deep down and not sure what I can really do about it.  I'm miserable because I'm gaining weight, I eat because I'm miserable.. It's just one vicious cycle... 

I go to work and put on a happy face - I mean that's my job right? A stage performer in front of an audience. I can't let my kids see how I'm really feeling.  I come home from work and I'm moody and annoyed at life. I just want to lay on the couch or go to sleep. I have no desire to go to the gym or work out even though I know that's what I need to do.  I eat and eat some more until I feel better. Why does this have to be so tough?  How long am I going to have to feel like this? It doesn't help that it's now daylight savings and it's dark longer and colder. I'm not a fan of winter unless we get delayed starts or early dismissals. One plus is that bulky sweaters can hide all the weight I gained...

I want to get away... Jon and I opted not to take a honeymoon since we really can't afford to spend a couple grand for a vacation and by the time I could even go it wouldn't feel like a honeymoon. All that really mattered to us was that we were married we dont really need a vacation although it would be nice.  Of course if we did plan a trip for spring break or summer it's possible I could be pregnant and not able to take advantage of the "all-inclusive" aspect of the trip. But at this point I feel I need to get away. I need to escape for a while and be somewhere that puts me at ease and let's me relax. I wish we could just hit the lottery!  I mean I'm already working 3 jobs..

I know that this gets easier and things will work out. I just hope all of that comes sooner rather then later..

No comments:

Post a Comment