Sunday, November 17, 2013

Catching up

So, I haven't blogged for a little and that is in part to being busy and not feeling well. It's the end of the first trimester and all of my teacher friends know how that is with grades being due. I have also developed my first cold of the school year.  I have already missed 11.5 school days this year with wedding and all of my stomach issues and I believe we have only had 50 days so far!  Taking off and writing sub plans seriously sucks. That is one thing I miss about working in corporate world - the ability to call out and just set your voicemail or email to "out of office". 

We hosted Jon's friends last night to celebrate his 37th birthday as well as Rick's. It was our first time aside from the rehersal dinner that his friends have been over.  It was a good night everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  I always host girls nights with my softball crew so it was good to see Jon with his guys for once. We really have some awesome friends. :)  

I really need to get back to working out. It's always that first step of getting to the gym that causes me so many issues. Once I'm there and in the classes (body pump/Zumba) I'm typically good to go.  I have a schedule worked out so let's see if I can put it in motion and get my butt in gear. 

I still am having my moments especially when shows I watch on tv bring it up or better yet when my OB calls to remind me to get an ultrasound. Ugh.. It is what it is and overall I'm OK. I am slowly getting better and I'm working through the things that are bothering me. I'm sure I will never get over it completely but I will be able to move on. 

I am looking forward to a few days off for Thanksgiving and spending time at home getting things done. I really want to be able to get some rooms painted before the new year and can not wait to finish our basement (thanks to all who contributed to our basement fund through your wedding gifts). The plan is to start and work through Xmas break to complete it. I'm excited (and I'm sure Jon is too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment