Ok, so I've been a licensed Zumba instructor since January of this year. Have I done much with it? No. I have done a few events at school mainly half an hour worth of Zumba for both faculty and the 5th graders. I really need to get my butt in gear and learn some new songs and choreography.
Since I am starting to feel better I decided to start working out again and what better way to start then heading to my girl Michele's class right up the street from me - you can't beat a 3 minute drive and there have been times I've jogged there and home.. but not tonight! Anyway, I absolutely love her class and she is the main reason I decided to get my license. So much energy, a ton of fun and a great workout hooked me. I used to go to Zumba at the Y like 4-5 times a week. This is of course before I got married and fell into the "married life" of sitting at home watching soap operas, lol. I forgot how much I enjoyed spending an hour dancing and giggling with my girls! Of course my girls are no longer members at the Y so I would have to find a new group or just rock out solo :(
I took my Zumba course with Stephanie (she's AMAZING too!) back in January in Media and loved every minute of it. I also have my Zumba Core certification but again haven't done much with it yet. That might be my goal for next year - start teaching Zumba classes whether it is at the Y or at a church or venue for like $5 a class. Now is the time!
I need to be held accountable and lose the weight I have put back on since the wedding. This also means I can't come home after a workout and snack. My goal is to get to the gym 5 times this week. I shouldn't have an excuse on Wednesday or Friday since I will already be there to coach and can go before or after! Let's see if I can reach this goal. Day 1 of 5 - CHECK! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment