I got my HGC levels back - I am making steps in the right direction. My levels were at 2700 the day I went in and found out I was having a miscarriage to 126 just 6 days after. All of the physical symptoms of my miscarriage disappeared at the week mark which is definitely nice since I have heard that some women experience symptoms for a week and a half to three weeks. I am thankful that I managed with just 6 days. I will, however, need to be retested until my levels are back in the negatives. I am hoping that when I go this week my levels are back where they belong.
What really sucks is that we were told we shouldn't start trying again until after 2 normal cycles. Lord only knows if I will have 2 normal cycles any time soon. Prior to conceiving I was on BC that did not always give me a period - so honestly I have no idea when my last one was (I think it was in early August). Part of the reason I think this pregnancy didn't work is because my cycle wasn't normal and I wasn't having a period every month.
So we wait. 2 normal cycles - if I am lucky enough to go back to being normal we could probably start after the new year figuring November and December would be my 2 cycles. Personally, I'd like to try now but I know that's probably not in my best interest. This is the most frustrating thing I have had to deal with lately. Not only am I dealing with the fact that I have to wait to even try but it seems like everyone around me is pregnant or announcing their pregnancy. Don't get me wrong I am extremely excited for my friends who are expecting but it's tough to know that I could have been sharing my news as well. Our time will come and I know it can't be planned. Having a child in the spring/summer has it's perks just as much as having one in the fall/winter. Do I want to play softball or do I want to have more time off with my child? Do I want to add another birthday to the fall? It will happen when it happens and regardless I will be excited and embrace the experience with all I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment