Jon and I signed up to put a team in for our friends Breast Cancer Tourney over a month ago. I absolutely LOVE tournament ball. Given my situation I figured I would sit this tournament out.. I did bring my stuff with me just incase I felt up to playing but was pretty sure I'd just keep book all day since we had enough girls. After about 2 games I was itching to play. So, in a game where we were up by 15 and only needed 5 to enforce the run rule I decided I wanted to get a swing in. By the time I got up to bat we only needed one more run to end the game. I hadn't thrown or warmed up at all nor did I even have my cleats on but I managed to rock one into the outfield for a double! My hubby ended up driving me in with a hit to end the game. So, my first attempt at playing was a successful one. After that game we had a pretty long break so I decided to put my cleats on and thought about playing an inning or two in the field. I played a whole game rotating in the field at 1st base and had a few at bats. I was feeling pretty good - mentally this was good for me as I haven't done much since Wednesday. I haven't worked and haven't moved around too much but I felt great. At this point I know physically I am capable of heading back to work.
By the time I got home my body definitely ached. I almost felt like I had the flu. I know that pregnancy can take a lot of out you and I'm sure that goes the same for getting your body back to normal after the loss. I guess I will take the physical side effects of today as playing was good for me mentally and lets me know that I am ready to be out in the world again doing what I do. Softball = therapy :)
We finished the tournament 4th of out 15 teams and had an absolute blast. It was a great day with great people. Deb ran a wonderful tournament and I am glad I was able to be part and help her in her fundraising efforts.
We finished the tournament 4th of out 15 teams and had an absolute blast. It was a great day with great people. Deb ran a wonderful tournament and I am glad I was able to be part and help her in her fundraising efforts.
I finished off my day with my R&D girls laughing and carrying on in our normal fashion. We even popped in the wedding video for some extra giggles. I love these girls, my softball family. I am so grateful for such awesome teammates. I am even more grateful for the guac, chips & salsa, cannoli dip and enchiladas that were left for me after the evening! My belly will definitely be happy for the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment