Monday, October 14, 2013

SURPRISE!!!

So, we finally have a day off of from school - woohoo!! Of course I scheduled an appointment to see the GI just to see what they would suggest.  Thankfully he doesn't want to have me re-do the upper endoscopy or the colonoscopy (thank God!)  but he did request that I re-do all of my blood work to see if anything comes back abnormally.  The last time I did blood work it did come back with one of the markers for Celiac and showed that there was inflammation somewhere.

During the appointment the doctor (like my PCP) felt around on my abdomen and of course I would say that certain areas were sensitive to the touch.  He asked me if I had scheduled an appointment with my OB.  Are you serious?! What is this a joke, clearly my friends alerted him to me coming in and he just wants to annoy me like they do.  I informed him that I had taken pregnancy tests and they were negative.  My thoughts then turned to having cysts on my ovaries or something along those lines.  That could totally be causing my discomfort right? Ugh, more tests!!!  I was also asked to get another ultrasound on my gall bladder this time he wanted to have the die injected instead of just a regular scan.  I guess we will see what comes of those tests.

Jon and I had a playoff game tonight in West Chester.  I am so ready to be done with fall softball - I think I get this way every fall season.  So excited to play at the beginning and as time goes on I just get sick of it.  A lot has to do with the fact that WC only plays single games and I feel that it's a waste of a drive for one game.  I think Jon and I have both decided to take next fall off from playing and just enjoy the time.

Something about today and my appointment made me think about using the last of my 3 pack of pregnancy tests.  I guess I just wanted to prove my GI doctor wrong, haha.  So before hopping in the shower tonight I decided to take the test.  Little did I know that this test would be different then the last 2 I took and that it'd have an extra line on the results.  Holy crap - this can't be right, can it?  Yup, positive. OMG.  I was shocked to say the least.  I couldn't believe it - how could I have taken 2 tests prior to this that were negative and this one come back positive.  Something wasn't right there was definitely a problem.   After calling Jon into the bathroom and showing him our "problem" we both stood there staring at each other thinking "WTF?!"  I decided to get in the shower where I stood just staring with my hands on my head for a good 5 minutes.  This is nuts.  I looked out into the bathroom and my husband is still standing there just like I left him staring at the test.  Wow.  We were seriously pregnant and expecting our first child.  I stopped taking the pill 2 weeks before our wedding which would mean that I probably ovulated right around the wedding.  This baby had to be conceived on our wedding night - talk about a wedding present to ourselves.

After the shock wore off the excitement quickly built.  I of course immediately wanted to tell everyone but knew I should probably get it confirmed with my OB first. I scheduled an appointment for Thursday.   Hopefully I can hide my excitement until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment