Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tummy Trouble

Three years ago I experienced a lot of stomach/digestive issues.  It was a really tough time and I wasn't able to get any answers despite the tests I went through.  Almost 3 years to the day the symptoms returned.  In August I started experiencing the same types of issues except this time there was a little more to it.  My stomach was constantly in knots, anytime I got ready to go somewhere I'd feel really sick to my stomach.  My social life became almost non-existent. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything with the fear that I would need to run to a bathroom or that I'd get sick somewhere.  To be honest, I think most of my problems were just nerves and anxiety from planning a wedding in 6 months and the start of the school year approaching.  

Don't get me wrong I love what I teach and I love educating children but I question whether or not I really want to continue teaching.  These feelings all started last year - teaching is losing it's fun and my teaching environment isn't the best for my students and I struggle every day trying to find ways to make it better.  It's draining and challenging.  Of course I knew teaching was challenging going into the profession, all the other things just make it worse.

Anyway, so my stomach has been an absolute mess since school started and even more so after the wedding.  All my friends of course want to blame it on me being pregnant now that I'm married.  Talk about annoying.  I actually bought pregnancy tests just so I could take one and prove to them that I am in fact not pregnant.  Jon and I have talked about it and children will be in our future but we want to honeymoon first and enjoy a week to celebrate our new life together.  We are looking into either my Spring Break or possibly the summer.  I honestly can not wait to add to our family.  Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Hayden but I can't wait to have one of my own.

I've been put on a bunch of different medications to try to figure out what the actual cause is.  So I have gone from being on no medication to taking probiotics, nexium and lexapro.  Something has to help, right?  My next step is back to the GI doctor which I would prefer not to do because I would really like to not repeat either test that I took 3 years ago.  I guess we will see where these medications take me.   


No comments:

Post a Comment